Top 10 EnvisionCAD Tips of 2015!
1. MicroStation Tip: Aligning Patterns
What you will have is multiple patterns that align perfectly across different elements.
2. MicroStation Tip: What’s New in V8i(SELECTseries 3) Update 2
3. MicroStation Tip: Accudraw Focus
If you have ever worked with AccuDraw you know keeping the focus in the AccuDraw dialog can be troublesome. There is a setting in the Preferences that can make it easier.
4. MicroStation Tip: Working with Linestyles – Scale, Shift, Direction
Some custom linestyles have directional symbols such as arrows or text. If you need to change the direction of the linestyle you can use one of the two options.
Open the Modify Curves toolbar from the pulldown menu:
Tools > Curves > Modify Curves > Change Direction
5. Power InRoads Tip: 3 Things I Learned Using Civil AccuDraw for the First Time
We recommend that you get comfortable with using this interface as it is where the new tools and functionality are to be found.
However, if you absolutely cannot bring yourself to work with the ribbon fear not. You can restore the Tasks Dialog interface:
7. MicroStation Tip: Rendering Material Assignments in Google Earth
8. Civil 3D Tip: Undocumented command CONVERTLINEWORKTOMASKBLOCK
This command allows the user to create linework to be used to mask drawing objects. This can come in handy, for instance, when users would like to mask part of a profile. There is not an option in the profile properties for masking as there is for alignments so this command can serve to do that.
9. Civil 3D Tip: User-Defined Properties for Parcels
Create a User-Defined Property Classification
Classifications are used to organize sets of User-Defined Properties. In this example, we will create a classification called “Easement Data” to hold information about easements in a Parcel.
10. Civil 3D Tip: To Copy, Or Not to Copy
A Civil 3D user can become more productive by reproducing existing design elements within a drawing rather than creating them from scratch. One area of Civil 3D that this can be beneficial is subassemblies and assemblies. However, there are specific ways they must be copied in order to work correctly in a corridor.