Adding .Net Macro Links to the Toolbox
The Subscription Advantage Pack for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 allows users to link Toolbox entries to their .Net macros. This linking eliminates the need to issue the NETLOAD command to load the .Net .dll file and then issuing the macro command name. It also replaces adding Windows registry entries to autoload the .dll file.
- On the Toolspace menu click on the Toolbox tab and select the Edit Toolbox icon
- In the Toolbox Editor right click on the Miscellaneous Utilities line and select New Category… from the pop-up menu.
- Right click on the new category you just created and select New Tool… from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the Property information for your macro. Even though this is a .NET macro do not set the Execute Type to .Net, use CMD instead.
- Save the changes and exit the Toolbox Editor.
- Clicking on this new tool entry will automatically load the .dll file and issue the command name to start the macro.
Tags: Civil 3D, Macro
One Response to “Adding .Net Macro Links to the Toolbox”
Envision Newsletter November 2009 | Envision CAD | MicroStation Training & InRoads Training Says:
[…] Civil 3D: Adding .Net Macro Links to the Toolbox […]