Compute Pond Volumes
As a follow up to last months tip we thought we should share the InRoads hydrology tools that can be used for computing pond volumes.
- From the InRoads pull down menu select Tools > Application Add-Inns. The Application Add-Inns dialog will appear.
- Check ON Hydrology and Hydraulics Add-In then select the OK button.
- Verify your surface is loaded and active.
- From the InRoads pull down menu select Evaluation > Hydrology and Hydraulics > Compute Pond Volumes. The Compute Pond Volumes dialog will appear.
- Select the radio button Method Single.
- Select the Target locator button to graphically define the Northing and Easting location of the depression.
- Type the Water Elevation to query into the key-in field.
- Click the Apply button. A dialog with the volume and surface area will be displayed.
- Select the radio button Method Incremental.
- Input the Minimum Water Elevation to be queried
- Input the Maximum Water Elevation to be queried
- Input the Interval to query
- The Elevation Lock increments the results to whole numbers.
- Click the Apply button. A dialog reporting the results will be displayed.
Tags: InRoads, Surface, V8i