Geometry Extended Descriptions
In the InRoads V8i (SELECTseries 1) release there is additional information that can be pushed from the Survey Fieldbook to the Geometry Project. When Saving Survey Data to Geometry there is a new section in the dialog for building descriptions based on Codes, Attributes, Values, and Notes.
Create Extended Descriptions
1. From the InRoads pull down menu select Survey > Survey Data to Geometry. The Survey Data to Geometry dialog will appear.
2. In the Build Extended Description section of the dialog double click the Insert section names to add them to the description below. Additional buttons for undo, adding spaces and returns are located in the dialog.
3. Select the Apply and Close buttons. The Survey Data will be saved to a Geometry Project with the points having attributes being saved as extended descriptions.
View Extended Descriptions
4. From the InRoads pull down menu select
Geometry > Cogo Points > Edit / Review Extended Descriptions.
The Edit / Review Extended Descriptions dialog will appear.
5. The Extended Descriptions from the Survey Control Point will be shown in the dialog.
6. In addition to Attributes and Values, file links can be attached to the cogo points. In the example above a photo of the monument was linked to the cogo point shot in the field.
Tags: Cogo, Geometry, InRoads
3 Responses to “Geometry Extended Descriptions”
- All Around the World News Says:
Geometry Extended Descriptions – Envision CAD | MicroStation ……
I found your entry interesting do I’ve added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)…
- Jack Baumgartner Says:
does this work in SS2? and if so, how do one set it up to do so?
- Bob Mecham Says:
Jack, this will work in SS2. Just follow the same workflow above for the SS2 release. If you are still having trouble contact us directly from our site.