AutoCAD Basics for New Civil 3D Users – $580
Session schedules subject to change.
AutoCAD Basics for New Civil 3D Users
Each Classroom training session will include:
• Instructor-led demonstration of the software, followed by hands-on lab exercises, using provided data sets and accompanying templates or standards.
• Adequate time for questions and answers after each module or section and at the end of each class day.
Description of Class: Hands-on exercises explore basic functions in AutoCAD as they apply to new users of Civil 3D. This one-day training is specifically designed to teach AutoCAD basics that will be used while learning Civil 3D. Taught in release 2016 or 2017.
Who should attend: Anyone planning on using AutoCAD Civil 3D that has little or no previous experience with AutoCAD.
Topics Covered in This Session
1. Getting Started with AutoCAD
-AutoCAD user interface
-Saving AutoCAD drawings
2. Basic Drawing, Editing, and Viewing Commands
-Working with Commands
-Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
3. Using Layers
-What are Layers?
-Change Object’s Layer
4. Using Drawing Templates
-Create New Drawings using Templates
5. Getting Information from Your Drawing
6. Modelspace vs. Paperspace
-Views and Viewports
7. Setting Up a Layout
-Working with layouts
8. Printing Your Drawing