AutoCAD Essential Fundamentals – $1,220
Session schedules subject to change.
AutoCAD Essential Fundamentals
Each Classroom training session will include:
• Instructor-led demonstration of the software, followed by hands-on lab exercises, using provided data sets and accompanying templates or standards.
• Adequate time for questions and answers after each module or section and at the end of each class day.
Description of Class: Learn the essential fundamentals for working with AutoCAD in this three-day training class intended to give users experience with core features of AutoCAD. Hands-on exercises explore the core topics presented as a fundamental introduction to AutoCAD. Concepts learned here can be used as a platform for new users of AutoCAD vertical application software and suites. Taught in release 2016 or 2017.
Who should attend: Anyone interested in understanding core features of AutoCAD.
Topics Covered in This Session
1. Getting Started with AutoCAD
-AutoCAD user interface
-Saving AutoCAD drawings
2. Basic Drawing, Editing, and Viewing Commands
-Working with commands
-Using basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools
3. Drawing Precision in AutoCAD
-Units and precision
4. Using Drawing Templates
-Create new drawings using templates
5. Creating a Simple Drawing
6. Civil Project – Parking Lot
7. Modifying Your Drawing
8. Organizing Your Drawing with Layers
-Organizing drawing objects on layers
9. Getting Information from Your Drawing
10. Modelspace vs. Paperspace
-Views and viewports
11. Advanced Object Types
12. Advanced Editing Commands
13. Inserting Blocks
-Inserting reusable symbols (blocks)
15. Annotating Your Drawing
16. Setting Up a Layout
-Working with layouts
17. Printing Your Drawing