WisDOT – Roadway Modeling – $1435
Session schedules subject to change.
Certified WisDOT Training – Wisconsin DOT Workflows and Standards Content
Prerequisite: Fundamental understanding of how to use AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Level: Intermediate through Advanced
Each Classroom training session will include:
• Instructor-led demonstration of WisDOT workflows and tools, followed by hands-on lab exercises, using WisDOT data sets and accompanying templates and standards.
• A review of Civil 3D fundamentals. Use video proctoring to highlight content, when necessary, to ensure understanding of WisDOT methods and concepts.
• Adequate time for questions and answers after each module or section and at the end of each class day.
Description of Class: This three-day hands-on class covers using WisDOT workflows and WisDOT Civil 3D Standards to successfully build a Civil 3D roadway model that can be used to create WisDOT electronic deliverables. Taught in release 2016.
Who should attend: Anyone who works on and is responsible for the electronic deliverable of surface and roadway models to WisDOT. (Engineers and Designers)
1. Corridor Modeling Fundamentals
-Extract corridor data
-WisDOT standards – Corridors
-Viewing and editing corridor sections
2. Roadway Model – WisDOT Workflows
-Divided Highway workflow
-Create corridor surfaces
-Create refinement surfaces
-Refine refinement surfaces
-Create roadway model surfaces
-Merge refinement surfaces
-Create surface model boundary and apply
-Day light grading with feature lines
-Layout of alignments
-Creating vertical profiles