MicroStation SS3 is out!
The SS3 dependent platforms are sure to follow soon. Browsing the SELECTservices download pages will provide a link to the SS3 release. One thing you will notice is the prerequisite pack is no longer a separate download. Caution should be used while installing SS3 as it shares some folders and files as older versions. We recommend that the new release be installed on a machine other than a production unit that may have dependencies for software certified for previous versions.
A few highlights:
• 3D modeling and mesh enhancements to sweep and mesh commands
• Bentley DGN reader for Windows 7
• Thematic Display Styles
• Additional integration of Autodesk formats FXB and RealDWG 2012
• The addition of a terrain model element and ability to view and label contours and spot elevations
• Detailing symbol enhancements
• Military Grid, local transformations & Google Map integration
• Synchronization between references and saved views
• Visualization enhancements are too many to name
What version are you using now? Do you plan on upgrading to SS3? If yes or no, let us know your thoughts.
People also read: 5 MicroStation Variables every User should have defined