Written by Bob Mecham.
A new powerful enhancement to V8i MicroStation is the ability to edit reference files with in the active design file. By simply right clicking a reference element the option will appear to Activate the reference which will allow for editing the reference file directly without switching files. Then once the edits are completed the reference can be Deactivated from the right click pop up menu.
Activate Reference for editing
1) Move your cursor to the Reference File Detail and hover over an element.
2) <R> + hold to show the pop up menu and select Activate.
Note: Notice how the other reference files are grayed out and not activated and the Reference File Detail is.
3) Make edits and additions to the Reference File Detail just as you would if it were open as a separate drawing.
4) Move your cursor to the Reference File Detail just as you would if it were open as a separate drawing.
5) <R> + hold to show the pop up menu and select Deactivate.
Note: Notice how the other reference files are black again indicating you can work back in the sheet view.
Last Month’s MicroStation Tip – Different Coordinate Values Same Point