Every so often I get a question from a student or support call about losing the MicroStation Tool Settings window. We check to make sure it’s not docked, hidden behind a view window, or anywhere else on the screen. It’s just gone. Clicking on a new tool does not bring it back.
The question then becomes how to get it back?
A simple way to do this is to use the PopSet tool.
- Click on the PopSet icon in the Primary Tools toolbox to enable it. The icon will be green when enabled.
- Position your mouse cursor in somewhere near the center of the screen.
- Press Ctrl + Space on the keyboard.
- The Tool Settings window will be centered on your mouse cursor.
You can enable the Ctrl + Space key-in even when the PopSet tool is disabled.
- Right click on the PopSet tool icon
- Select Settings from the pop-up menu
- Check on the setting to Allow Ctrl+Space When Disabled
- Select OK.