When placing text in a plan sheet it is preferred that there is no line work or graphics behind the text. Having the graphics behind the text makes it difficult to read. MicroStation Text Styles allow for a background to be placed around the text to make it appear as the text is clipping the graphics behind it.
- From the pull down menu Element > Text Styles. The Element Text Styles dialog will appear.
- Create a new Text Style named Mask Text.
- Setup the font and text size as needed.
- Select the tab Background and toggle ON the Background.
- From the Color drop down for Fill Color and Color select B in the lower right hand corner of the dialog. This will set the masking color to be the same as the background color.
- Place text using the new style Mask Text.