AutoCAD Civil 3D allows extended data to be added to drawing objects. With the NOTES command, you can add either detailed or reference information to a selected object.
Use the NOTES command to write textual information that can be viewed with the object and associate a separate reference file (document, spreadsheet, image or photo, and so on). View the notes and documents later by using the Extended Data tab of the AutoCAD Properties Palette.
Adding Extended Data to an Object
– Enter NOTES at the command prompt.
– Select the object and press Enter. The Notes dialog box is displayed.
Attaching text to an object:
– Click the Notes tab, and enter desired text.
– Click OK to save the text.
Notes Dialog Box – Notes Tab
Attaching external reference documents to an object:
– Click the Reference Docs tab, and click Add… to attach a file.
– Click OK to save the reference document location.
Notes Dialog Box – Reference Docs Tab
Notes and reference documents can be viewed and edited from the Extended Data tab of the AutoCAD Properties palette.
Extended Data tab of the AutoCAD Properties Palette
Last Month’s Tips:MicroStation: Apply InRoads: Survey- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014: VBA: Call Stack Element Template to… Filtering Fieldbook Co… Extract Corridor Solid
Don’t want to miss out on other great information? Subscribe to this blog or our monthly eNewsletter now! Learn More ◊ Contact us today ◊ Newsletter ◊