In MicroStation V8i and later releases that support geographic coordinate systems it is possible to obtain Longitude, Latitude coordinates from a design file. When a geographic coordinate system is selected using the Geographic tool box MicroStation automatically creates an Auxiliary Coordinate System based on the selected geographic coordinate system. By activating the geographic auxiliary coordinate system MicroStation can display coordinates in Longitude, Latitude units.
1. From the Primary Tools tool box select the Auxiliary Coordinates icon.
2. In the Auxiliary Coordinates dialog double click on the geographic auxiliary coordinate system to make it active.
3. Right click in the anywhere in the bottom Status Bar area and check on the Running Coordinates display.
4. Left click in the Running Coordinates area and set the display to ACS Position.
5. The Running Coordinates will now display in Latitude, Longitude units.
Note: Tentative Snap coordinates displayed in the Message Center area will also display in Longitude, Latitude units.